The “guardians of the gate” at Prospect Park

September 15, 2016

Prospect Park in Brooklyn is one of the most fully realized of Frederick Law Olmsted’s landscape design principles. This 585-acre park was largely completed in 1867, with revisions and additions in subsequent decades. In 1898, two large bronze panthers were installed atop granite pedestals to mark one of the park’s main entrances. Recently, the addition of bike share facilities has raised the rankles of those who do not appreciate the intrusion.

 

Read

‘Panthers,’ the Guardians of Prospect Park, Didn’t See Citi Bike Coming

By David W. Dunlap

The New York Times

September 14, 2016

Please reload

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon

Contact the International Heritage News Network at info @internationalheritagenews.com. The Privacy Policy for the International Heritage News Network has been compiled to better serve those who are concerned with how their 'Personally Identifiable Information' (PII) is being used online. Go to IHN Network Privacy Policy >

© 2016-2018  by the International Heritage News Network. All photos are the property of the

International Heritage News Network, unless otherwise noted.  Proudly created with Wix.com and grateful for the assistance of Christopher C. Celauro (see About the IHN Network).